Friday, July 10, 2015

Counting Backwards from 10

Just came up with a tentative timeline through February 2016. Which manuscripts I'll be working on between now and then, how long I'm giving certain agencies to respond before I start an entirely new round of fresh queries...when I'm going to call it and pull the trigger on self-publishing. Kind of overwhelmed with everything right now...and for me, one of the best ways to mitigate that stress is to make a list. And then once that list exists, start crossing things off it.

I won't bore you here with the entire list, but between now and Sept. 1 I will be focusing my energy on a new book (NOT part of the Lost Souls trilogy) that I just started the rough for 2 days ago. It's a light, fun hero tale...something sunny...perfect for the second half of Summer. Debating posting a preview of that soon-- just want to get a little further in--it doesn't even have a real title yet. It feels fantastic to take a step back from LS...despite my mad love for that story and all my characters. I started work on another project titled Evergreen last Fall...but that's shaping up to be a very intense SVU type book...and I need to be in a certain headspace for that beast. I'm going to have some fun the next couple weeks with this new piece, as well as working to build BCB.  Then come the fall (along with 2 of 3 of my girls returning to school-- counting down!;), I'll hit Hellbound (Book 2 in LST) hard. I've completed Round 1 of agent/publisher queries, and that waiting game in underway. If nothing comes of it this time around, I'll start Round 2 in September...as we are fast approaching 'Dead Month' (More on that this weekend in my next post).

SO! Getting organized...coming up with a plan! No one gets to freak when there are directions to follow, right? I'll just keep telling myself that....and try to breath evenly.

BC

No comments:

Post a Comment