Friday, July 24, 2015

It's A Wonderful Life

I'm going to try to keep this brief, which, if you've met me, know is a difficult task. I lost someone special today...and I'm filled with a myriad of emotions about this-- sad, worried about my other loved ones who lost today too, grateful that I had the chance to know her, and grateful for my own life. She was not what one would call an 'exceptional' person- wasn't famous, or a hero; she didn't cure any awful diseases or pull a bunch of kids from a burning building. Like everyone else, she had good moments and bad...screwed some stuff up, and did some other stuff right. But she was special to me, and really, that's all that matters as far as this little blip on the Internet is concerned.

The biggest feeling that I'm walking away from all this with is that you have to do what you want every day. Stop making excuses for your life. "I'm sick, I'm tired, I can't..." whatever. Don't waste your moment...whatever your beliefs on the afterlife are, embrace this time and make the most of it. And if you are someone who desires to create ANYTHING....just do it. Stop worrying if that next story/painting/sculpture/costume/insert piece of art here is going to be wildly popular and make you a millionaire. That. Doesn't. Matter. Do it for yourself...because if you didn't do it, you wouldn't be able to breathe. It doesn't matter if it's bad...and a lot of it is bad!... But you created because you just don't know what else to do. And that's your life blood.

That's all I've got...I just returned from traveling last week and I'm still trying to regroup with everything that's going on; but I'll have a more industry-focused post soon.

BC

No comments:

Post a Comment